We try our best to make our products affordable for everyone while maintaining extremely high quality standards. All of our instruments and bows are hand-made under Shu Sheng Kot's supervision.
Kot's Violins was established by master violin and bow maker Shu Sheng Kot. He has won numerous gold medals in prestigious international competitions for both his instruments and his bows:
• 2010 - He was awarded a gold medal for his violin bow at the 6th International Violin Making Competition held in Mittenwald, Germany.
• 1992 - He was awarded a gold medal for violin overall points, a gold medal for violin tone, and also won first prizes for his violin, viola and cello bows at the International Violin Making Competition held by the Canadian Violin Makers’ Association.
• 1992 - He was awarded a gold medal for his violin bow and a certificate of merit for violin workmanship at the 10th International Violin Making Competition of the Violin Society of America.
• 1991 - He was awarded the Walter Stauffer gold medal for acoustic quality for the violin that he entered into the 6th Antonio Stradivari International Luthier’s Competition held in Cremona, Italy.
• 1990 - He was the only gold medal winner at the 9th International Violin Making Competition held by the Violin Society of America for his viola bow.
• 1989 - He was awarded a gold medal for a violin bow and a silver medal for a viola bow at the 2nd National Violin Making Competition in Baveno, Italy.
• 1987 - He was awarded three gold medals for violin, viola and cello bows at the 2nd National Competition in China
1048 W. Lancaster Ave.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Due to COVID we are only available by appointment. Please email or call us to schedule.
Phone: (610) 225-1870
(610) 527-5552 (during store hours)